We’ve all heard of the popular statement “no pain, no gain”. Likewise, waxing is one such process that may cause discomfort depending on each client’s individual pain threshold. However, what keeps clients from constantly coming back for us to perform this service, regardless of their pain tolerance, is the hairless and skin that is achieved, and promised for a month.
Our goal is to create a safe and welcoming environment for our clients by catering to their varied needs. To do so, we will be sharing tips on how to feel prepared going into a service that has a stigma of being nerve-wracking and uncomfortable; Bikini Waxing.
1. Right hair length: If your pubic hair is short, it would be difficult for the wax to grab it. Likewise, if it is too long, the experience could be more painful. The right hair length as our experts at Jade Thread & Wax Bar suggest is around a quarter inch long.
2. Avoid appointments while menstruating: Most women will experience increased sensitivity or a lower pain threshold when menstruating, so we advise booking your appointment when your cycle is complete.
3. Determine style and shape: Bikini waxing gives you the liberty to experiment with what you like, offering different styles such as a:
– Simple Bikini Wax – which removes pubic hair from the sides of the bikini line. – Brazilian Wax – removes almost all the hair from front to back.
– Full-bush Brazilian – this method removes all hair but keeps a triangle in the front.
4. Wear loose clothes: For your appointment, make sure to wear loose fitting clothes, as tight-fitting clothes can cause friction on the skin upon your fresh wax.
5. Avoid exercise: Post waxing, avoid any kind of exercises for at least 12 to 24 hours, as it may irritate the area.
6. Speak up: Let the experts know your concerns if any. Be sure to mention any skin concerns you have, or any worries at any point of the service.
7. Do not go in the sun immediately: Our skin post waxing needs a little breather to heal, so refrain from getting direct exposure to the sun for 24 hours after your Brazilian wax. 8. Soothe the irritation: To soothe any post waxing irritation, one can use over the counter hydrocortisone creams or aloe vera if required (sold at Jade Thread and Wax Bar!). 9. A quick stop: Using the washroom before your appointment is recommended, as the pre wax anxiety may lead to an over-stimulated bladder.
10. Basic Hygiene: The most important thing is to make sure you follow the basic hygiene protocol out of respect for our expert waxers.
We hope we have cleared some of your biggest worries and concerns! We are eager to see you soon, once we reopen, and welcome the summer months with soft and silky skin!
So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and book your next waxing appointment here!